GLOBAL ALERT NETWORK, INC.
Effective as of January 1, 2012
Global Alert Network, Inc. (“GAN”) values the privacy of our customers (collectively or individually, “Users”) who use GAN mobile device software, applications, web sites, feeds, alerts, applications and any other mobile or web services or applications owned, controlled, or offered by GAN (collectively, the “GAN Services”).
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS
- Adequate data and messaging plans are recommended for the GAN Services. GAN mobile applications require the use of text messages, carrier data channels and/ or other data channels. Data and messaging charges and taxes from your carrier will apply.
- GAN collects, maintains, and uses your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device to provide the GAN Services.
- By using the GAN Services, you have consented and agreed to: (1) the use of your device’s location to provide GAN’s Services, including relevant advertisements; (2) receive text messages, data, emails and information sent through data channels; and (3) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from your usage of GAN Services.
THE INFORMATION GAN COLLECTS
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION. You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as mobile phone number, wireless carrier / operator, your name, email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, password, etc.) when subscribing to the GAN Services.
- PROFILE INFORMATION. When using the GAN Services you may provide certain other personal information – such as interests and hobbies, age, gender, sexual orientation, and relationship status.
- LOCATION INFORMATION. To provide the GAN Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the GAN mobile applications are not actively open and running in the foreground.
- COOKIES, PERSISTENT FILE INFORMATION. When you use the GAN Services, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer and/or mobile device. GAN may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your web browser and may be used by us during your subsequent visits to the GAN web sites. Persistent cookies set by the GAN web sites can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- LOG FILE INFORMATION. When you use the GAN Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, search terms, ratings, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the GAN Services, GAN mobile applications, alerts received, advertisements delivered, the amount of time spent on particular screens, the dates and times of your requests, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
THE WAY GAN USES INFORMATION
- GAN uses your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the features and functionality of the GAN Services.
- GAN uses your location information to provide the basic functionality of the GAN Services, such as using location information to determine which alerts are relevant to you. GAN reserves the right to use your anonymous location information for other purposes.
- GAN may use your personally identifiable, location, and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous log file information) to track and analyze User preferences and trends in order to improve the quality and design of the GAN Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services.
- GAN may use a third-party data source to verify that your mobile phone number is on a wireless provider supported by GAN. If you have a supported mobile phone number and device, then GAN may send a text message to your phone in order to verify your custody of that handset. If your carrier or handset is not supported, then GAN may store your mobile phone number and may send a one-time text message to you when the GAN Service does become available on your wireless provider or handset.
- GAN uses your email address or mobile number from time-to-time to send you messages from GAN such as privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major GAN Services updates, or for other customer service purposes.
- GAN uses your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to serve and personalize in-service advertisements specifically tailored to you and your interests.
WHEN GAN DISCLOSES INFORMATION
- GAN may disclose aggregate, anonymous log file and usage information in reports to interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage patterns and performance results of certain advertisements, content, services, promotions, or features. For example, we may provide aggregate level reports to an advertising partner for the purpose of showing delivery and performance statistics of a specific advertising campaign.
- GAN may release personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information if required to do so by any applicable law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- GAN may disclose or sell your anonymous location information to third parties.
- GAN does not disclose your personally identifiable information or location information connected to your personally identifiable information to other companies for their commercial use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature in accordance with the applicable GAN Services consent procedures.
GAN’S COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
GAN uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that GAN receives on your behalf to operate the GAN Services or that you transmit to GAN and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If GAN learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. GAN may post a notice on the GAN Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
GAN’S COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. If GAN learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 18-years-of-age has been collected on the GAN Services without parental consent, then GAN will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has obtained a GAN Services account, then you may alert GAN at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that GAN delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
The GAN Services are hosted in the United States. If you are using the GAN Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer and any processing of your personal data in the United States. As a result, the government, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the United States may be able to require disclosure of your personal data through applicable U.S. laws. As used herein, “personal data” includes, but is not limited to, personally identifiable information about an individual as defined pursuant to applicable privacy laws.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND AD-SERVING COMPANIES
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that GAN is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control so that the GAN Services can continue operations. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
or by postal mail at:
Global Alert Network, Inc.
PO Box 442
252 School Street
Howard, Pa 16841